Last updated December 1 2020.
Owner and Data Controller
Ward Bros. Construction Ltd. at 3604 18th Ave N Lethbridge AB T1H 5S7
Owner contact email: [email protected]
Types of Data Collected:
While using Our Service, Users may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify them. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Legal Company name
- Phone number
- Address, Province/State, Postal Code/Zip Code, City
- Financial and company information
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as the User’s Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that Users visit, the time and date of visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifies and other diagnostic data.
When Users access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device used, Users mobile device unique ID, the IP address of the Users mobile device, Users mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser used, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that the User’s browser sends whenever Users visit our Service or when Users access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies:
Users can instruct their browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if Users do not accept Cookies, Users may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent’ or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Users personal computer of mobile device when they go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as Users close their web browser. Learn more about cookies: All About Cookies.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Ward Bros. Construction Ltd.
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide Users with services available through the Website and to enable Users to use some of its features. They help to authenticate Users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that Users have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide Users with those services.
Cookies Policy/ Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Ward Bros. Construction Ltd.
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Ward Bros. Construction Ltd.
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices Users make when they use the Website, such as remembering User’s login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide Users with a more personal experience and to avoid Users having to re-enter their preferences every time they use the Website.
Mode and Place of Processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The Purposes of Processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: Analytics, Contacting the User, Tag Management and Traffic optimization and distribution.
For specific information about the Personal Data used for each purpose, the User may refer to the section “Detailed Information on the Processing of Personal Data”.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Contacting the User
- Tag Management
- Traffic optimization and distribution
- Content performance and features testing (A/B testing)
- Confirming professional qualifications and legal status
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Are small files that are placed on the Users computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of the Users browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
Data Controller (or Owner, We, Us, Our, or the Company)
Refers to Ward Bros. Construction Ltd, 3604 18th Ave N Lethbridge AN T1H 5S7. The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Refers to the website. The service provided by this Application as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
Means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
Information collected automatically through this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Application who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
Refers to Ward Bros. Construction Ltd., accessible from www.wardbros.ca
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.